Getting a Merchant Service account when you are considered a high risk business can be time consuming, frustrating, and expensive! If you are not working with an agent who specializes in getting high risk merchants approved, it can seem nearly impossible to start processing credit cards at your place of business. At Process For Me we specialize in working with people who have bad credit and are often labeled as high risk merchants to get them approved at the lowest rates and fees possible.
- Least expensive/cheapest rates available
- 99% approval rate for companies with credit issues, including High Risk
- Unfortunately “instant approvals” are not available. This is a scam perpetrated by other services that claim instant approvals then close your account soon there after. People should be wary of such instant approvals for bad credit merchants. However in many cases most companies are approved same day after applying. (average is 24-48 hours)
- Be wary of anyone claiming of an “instant approval” if you have a poor credit score. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
ARE YOU A HIGH RISK BUSINESS?
Risk is assessed based on a number of factors including past credit history/bad credit score, past merchant accounts with too many charge backs, monthly volume and ticket sizes, and the type of business or service you are providing/expected clientele. Here is a list of some sample high risk businesses:
- Firearms/Gun Dealer
- Fireworks Store
- Smoke shop
- medical marijuana dispensaries
- Gentleman’s clubs and Cabaret
- Ticket Brokers for Sports and Concert Events
- Adult videos/entertainment
- Adult Toy Stores
- Collection & Credit Repair
- Legal Gambling
- Online Pharmaceuticals
- Dating Services
- Airline tickets
- Money orders
- Time Shares/Travel
- Bars/Night Clubs
- Liquor Stores
- Fantasy Sports Sites
- Penny Auctions
- Herbal Supplements
Despite having your previous merchant service applications rejected for bad credit, getting a merchant account and processing credit cards is NOT impossible for most people! We can help to figure out the root of the rejection and work to find a solution. Often high risk merchants just need to provide additional documentation to get their businesses approved. Contact our agents to review your current merchant standing and begin the process of accepting Visa and MasterCard at your high risk business today!